- Workshops/Master Classes
- Choreography Opportunities
- Auditions/Performance Opportunities
- Employment Opportunities
Have an audition, workshop, or dance event that you want listed on the site? Email us at email@example.com
Velocity’s Fall-Kick Off
Velocity is very excited to announce our 2019 Fall Kick-Off, a week of free and subsidized events that aim to support local dancers while ringing in the new dance season.
FALL KICK-OFF 2019 SEPT 16-22 WEBSITE All FKO events are free to the public unless otherwise noted!
SEATTLE RESOURCE FAIR/ MON SEPT 16 / 12-1:30PM
ARTIST SERVICES PANEL / WEDS SEPT 18 / 12-1:30PM
COMMUNITY CONVERSATION: ACCESS + INCLUSIVITY / WEDS SEPT 18 / 2:30-4PM
TALKING ABOUT YOUR WORK /THURS SEPT 19 / 12-1:30PM
PLAN YOUR NEXT PERFORMANCE WORKSHOP / FRI SEPT 20 / 12-5PM
ALL-ARTS COCKTAIL MIXER / FRI SEPT 20 / 5-7PM
FKO DANCE PARTY / SAT SEPT 21 / 8-11PM
DANCE FILM SCREENINGS at NWFF / SUN SEPT 22 / 6:30-8:30PM
(e)merge: a movement based healing intensive for dance communities and beyond+
- How to honor ourselves and the histories we stand on in Street Style Culture
- Addressing anti-blackness within and through dance/movement (based in Black/Latinx, Street/Club Styles practices)
- Healing through somatic body-based practices
Folks who are holding this space include Stacy Torres, devon de Leña, Dani Tirrell, Naomi Macalalad Bragin, and Moonyeka.
Where + When: September 19th, 2019 @ Washington Hall
Feeling to Form: Mettler-based Dance Improvisation
Sunday, September 22, 201910am-5pm (lunch from 1-2pm)A short video on Barbara Mettler and her work will be shown during the break from 1 to 2 pm
Held at the Creative Dance Center (ADA Accessible)12577 Densmore Ave N, Seattle
Feeling to Form: Mettler-based Dance Improvisation Workshop material will cover:
- Using the kinesthetic sense as a guide for creating movement
- Discovering organic form, where movements and themes evolve naturally one from another
- Cultivating skills for group improvisation within the force, time, and space elements
- Sensing group body movements
- Unifying sound and movement
Register – Early Bird (deadline – Sept 2): $90
After September 2: $110
Class Exchange Workshops
A Co-op of skilled movers sharing techniques and training with working dance professionals. Our aim is to build community and safe space for emerging educators via peer learning experiences keeping dance class accessible/affordable. Class Exchange meets Mondays 10:00am-11:30am at Fremont Abbey Arts Center. All teaching artists are volunteers. $3-$5 donations for their support are much appreciated. More information on Facebook!
OPEN MIC PERFORMANCE NIGHT. For artists experimenting in any genre. For those unafraid to fail.COME SHOW: A sketch, a task, a situation, a work in-the-works. You have five minutes or less to take a risk.
SIGN-UP Arrive at 9:30PM to sign up. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org on the day of.
FOOD Bring something to share if you’d like.
BOOZE Available at the bar.
Low stress. High focus. Join the SH*T GOLD Facebook Group for details and updates!
Kinderdance Instructor Needed
Seattle, Kent, Federal Way Areas
Do you have a passion for Children and Dance?
Kinderdance® programs blend educational concepts with various forms of movement, dance, and gymnastics. Lesson plans incorporate age-appropriate music and songs. The programs help develop gross motor skills, creative movement, fitness, and body awareness.
- Complete training in our exclusive curriculum for Kindertots (Age 2), Kindergym (Ages 3-5) and Kinderdance (Ages 3-5)
- Competitive pay, based on experience and background
- Rewarding environment! Make a lasting impact on children’s lives.
- Proven curriculum that develops not only the physical but the social & emotional well being of young children
- A fixed schedule with the opportunity for additional teaching days
- A FUN and ENCOURAGING working environment
- Experience working with young children ages 2 yrs to 10 yrs old.
- Dance background; gymnastics and/or yoga background a plus
- Dependable, prompt, and strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain high energy & enthusiasm for an extended period of time
- Dependable transportation
- Understands and demonstrates the importance of excellent customer service
- Able to adapt and make adjustments as needed when teaching-quick thinking
- Can Do Attitude and Team Player!
- Ability to pass a background check
- Willing to get CPR certified if not already
If interested, please email Kaitlyn at email@example.com
SeattleDances Contributing Writer
SeattleDances is Seattle’s link to all things dance. Through exclusive previews, engaging editorials, and timely reviews, SeattleDances tracks the pulse of the Seattle dance scene.
SeattleDances is currently looking for additional writing staff to contribute content. Our writers play an important role in continuing press coverage and dialogue around dance in Seattle. Get press tickets for reviewing shows, interview your favorite artists, develop your voice, and get published! Consistent writers qualify for writing stipend.
Strong writing skills, knowledge of dance or arts, reliable communication, ability to meet deadlines.
Interested parties please send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be required to submit a writing sample.